Thursday, August 26, 2010

Day 14: It's About to Get Crazy

Today got off to a slow start, for a couple of reasons.

First, there wasn't any activity on the house construction at all, so I didn't have to be up and running super early.

Second, we all drank pretty heavily last night at Stella Divine's wake, which basically consisted of Mr. and Ms. Client and me, hanging out in the kitchen of their little house down the hill.  I was pouring the gin & tonics, and the occasion didn't exactly call for weak drinks, not that I would know how to make one anyway.

And, I think, given the somber nature of the events the day before, it was just fine for today to get off to a slow start.

My main project for the morning was making this little shelving unit out of some of the cut off leftover pieces of the roof rafters:


I have been wanting to make this thing for the past week and a half, since I arrived.  Now I finally got to organize my stuff and start to live a slightly more civilized existence.  Here it is in my room:


Just in case you were wondering what books I brought with me:


The Logical Leap by David Harriman is here with me also, in addition to lots of my music books.

I was really glad to get myself organized today, because tomorrow the rest of the timbers will arrive, and the framing crew will be here bright and early, and the mezzanine overlooking the living room will get built.  I don't expect it to be all built in one day, but by the middle of next week it should be done.

Then, later next week, the doors and windows will arrive, and they will install them, which will allow them to put on the exterior siding.  After that, they can proceed with drywall and the rest of the interior finishes.

So, starting tomorrow, it will be moving pretty quickly again for the next several weeks.  And there will be lots of pictures again!

No comments:

Post a Comment