Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Tennessee House: Punch List

Last week I went to Tennessee for a punch list visit to my project there, and to photograph it for posterity.  The punch list is the list of final things to be completed by the contractor, in order for the project to be considered finally complete, and the contract closed out.  We ended up making 2 lists, one of things for Bob the Builder to complete, and one of items for Mr. and Ms. Client to attend to themselves.

The lists of final things were relatively mild.  There were only two things still not complete that I would call 'major', meaning they were things that materially prevented Mr. and Ms. Client from fully enjoying the new house. One was an issue with the cooktop, which prevented the propane from being turned on, and the other was the lack of a shower door.

The kitchen was otherwise usable, and we enjoyed roast chickens and broiled shrimp kabobs from the electric oven.  The bathroom was likewise usable, with the addition of a temporary shower curtain.

There were a few other inconveniences here and there, like a couple of (relatively minor) plumbing issues which came up and were resolved during my stay.  On the whole, the house is functioning very well, and looks great, if I do say so myself!

I took tons of photos but for now I'm just going to leave you with a few teasers.




No comments:

Post a Comment