Thursday, August 19, 2010

Days 6 & 7: Digitally Frustrated and Trying Not to Get Behind

Ok, it happened.

I knew when I threw down the gauntlet to myself at the end of Day 3, that sooner or later, I'd miss a day in my daily blogging challenge.

Turns out, that day come sooner rather than later.  Sorry about that!

At the moment, my new Mac somehow seems to feel the need to download billions of gigabytes of stuff just to allow me to get the photos off my iPhone.

On top of that, my only good internet source is this Verizon USB modem that works pretty well with the new MacBook Pro (which is a really slick machine, I have to say, in spite of the current hiccoughs in my learning curve with it) but doesn't work for shit (sorry) with my Windows XP desktop tower that I dragged here across 7 states from L.A., which has my entire life in it, but remains without internet.  Even after I downloaded what I thought was the driver, using the Mac, and installed via thumb drive.  The lovely Mac didn't even need to have a driver for the USB modem, it just ran with it.  Otherwise I wouldn't even have been able to blog for the last couple of days at all.

I'm in total digital frustration.

Yet, there have been some interesting things going on here, and today I even scoped out some really good sources of steel supply up in Knoxville.  With pictures!  For the Blog!

Hopefully tomorrow I will get this all sorted out and be back to my old blogging self.

Please stand by.

Sorry for the rant, but I can't go 2 days without blogging something, and that's all I can seem to manage at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment