Thursday, July 29, 2010

Late July TN House Updates

Last week I was in Tennessee working on the house there, and have been dealing with re-entry to life in Los Angeles for the past few days.

They are framing really fast, although things will probably slow down through the weekend, as they wait till Monday for some of the main beams to arrive.  We are getting all our specialty exposed timbers from Everheart Lumber, and I can tell you from lots of experience with different specialty suppliers that they are positively first rate.

I expect by the end of next week the main overall shape of the house will be visible.

Today I reviewed the cost estimate from the door and window supplier, and we seem to be right on budget with them.  That is a relief, as doors and windows are one of the big-ticket items for a new house.

At this point, I am planning on leaving LA again on or about the 10th of August, to drive back to TN with my dogs and welding equipment in the car, to stay for probably 4-6 weeks.  I'm really looking forward to: a) being on site for that extended duration, since I pretty much live for hanging out on my construction sites; b) having Paul and Todd with me, instead of worrying about them being home without me; c) making some cool stuff for the house myself with my welding rig; d) spending that much time in the lush green Tennessee countryside; and e) being within range of the Atlanta Objectivist Society, and hanging out with my Objectivist peopleguy friends there from time to time during my visit.

Ms. Client (aka Farmer Jo, the Horse Rescuer) has uploaded a ton of new pics to her photobucket site that you should check out immediately, here:

http://bit.ly/bOoBSe

Stay tuned for further updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment