Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Everything in its Place: TV Edition

Last fall I posted some pictures of the completed stone fireplace surround, which was installed after I left Tennessee.  You can read that post here.

The last image I had of the fireplace, from that post, was this one:


The final design, which had been chosen from a few different variations I had sketched, and discussed with Mr. and Ms. Client, was the sketch below.  If you look carefully, there are a few differences between the sketch and the completed fireplace, but they are minor, and I am pleased, overall, with the result.


The boxy assemblage to the right of the fireplace, in the sketch above, is a wooden cabinet with open compartments for the TV/DVD/satellite components, atop which sits the TV itself.  The idea was to make the little TV cabinet out of leftover mezzanine flooring planks.

Early in December I produced the following sketch, which I sent off to Tennessee, while crossing my fingers and hoping for the best:


Then, lo and behold, in one of the photos from last week's railing update, there it was, sitting quietly in the background:


There it was, my little TV cabinet!  I nearly fell off my chair in excitement!  I think Ms. Client must be getting used to my frantic texts demanding that she immediately drop everything and go photograph this-or-that.


I have to go now - I have to order a bunch of new camera equipment and book a flight to Tennessee!  

No comments:

Post a Comment