Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Tuesday Night OLists Happy Hour: Productivity and Software

A great question was asked this week on the OHomos list, about whether or not the discussions from our Twitter Socials would be compiled and posted as a blog post for those who couldn't make it for the event.

I think this is a great idea.  I also think that with all the automated-ness of Twitter, there ought to be a way for that to be compiled with the push of a button.  As great an idea as I think it is, I'm not into hours of command-c, command-v, command-c, command-v.

If there isn't an app for this already, there should be.  Attention all you web developers out there!

Then I was looking over the OProducers list tonight and there are more than a few recommendations for various productivity software products that looked interesting.  

So interesting, that I think these are perfect topics for tonight's menu:

Appetizer:  What software do you use regularly that makes your life easier?  (I mean besides the obvious ones like Outlook.  Does anyone even use Outlook anymore?)  Task management? Time management/tracking? Any new discoveries?  What about web apps? Any novel uses for obvious things like Google Docs?  Anyone else love their Google Reader as much as I do?

Drink Special:  How can we get this Twitter Social easily compiled into a file that can be made into a blog post?  Any ideas?

Happy Hour will take place from 9-10 p.m. Eastern and 6-7 p.m. Pacific, on Twitter.

For more info on the OLists, check out the OList Events page here.

New to Twitter and not sure how it works?  A simple tutorial on getting started can be found here.  

Your hosts for the Twitter OList Socials are @DianaHsieh@laforgetm (aka William Green) and @Earl3d (that's me!)

Want to lurk and follow along with the discussion, without joining Twitter?  You can do that here.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a fan of the Twitter blog post idea. Granted Tweets are searchable, but the reason I like Tweeting is its more informal and ephemeral nature. Once it would be turned in to a blog post I'd simply be too wary to Tweet much.

    ReplyDelete